| RESIDENTIAL ZONE (FACULTY/STAFF)
|| RESIDENTIAL ZONE (EXISTING)
|| RESIDENTIAL ZONE
UIRD Design is Based on The Following Principles
- SOLAR PASSIVE ARCHITECTURE
- EARTHQUAKE RESISTANT TECHNOLOGY
- USE OF NONCONVENTIONAL ENERGY RESOURCES FOR CONSTRUCTION AND MAINTENANCE
- INTEGRATION OF MODERNITY AND TRADITION FOR DESIGN CONSTRUCTION
Solar Passive Architecture Concepts
- Incorporate solar passive techniques to minimize load on conventional systems (heating, cooling, ventilation and lighting).
- Design energy efficient lighting and HVAC systems.
- Use renewable energy systems (solar photovoltaic systems/solar water heating systems).
- Use of low energy materials and methods for construction and reduce transportation energy.
- Alter Micro Climate
- Control the light/heat reaching the structures
- Create different air flow pattern
- Trees and Grass create evaporative cooling
- Mulberry and champa cut off harsh summer sun planted on south summer face and allow winter sun to reach the buildings through shedding leaves.
- Hedge as a wind breaker directs breeze into the building, the shade of the tree cools the breeze.
- Wind breaks are provided in the north and north east to protect from winter winds
Water-bodies , courtyards helps cooling in harsh summers.
Building Envelope And Fenestration
Material and construction techniquies.
Training Wing Design Concepts
- SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
- MATERIAL CONSIDERATIONS
- LOCAL MATERIALS
- LOW HEIGHT BUILDINGS
- PHASING IN CONSTRUCTION
- PREPARATION OF MASTER PLAN AND DEVELOPMENT ACCORDINGLY IN PHASES